Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'm Buying A House

The final paper work will be signed tomorrow.

The house is small and it needs some work but it will be mine. I don't really need anything bigger. It's old and it's downtown and that's all I really wanted.

The cool thing about buying a house (at least the way I look at it) is that it's not that permanent. I can rent it out if I can't or don't want to live there. I can sell it in a few years when the market picks up and have money to put down on a house in Portland. Portland being where I would like to eventually end up.

Don't get me wrong, this experience has been terrifying. But here I am. I'm doing it. This is me not living in fear. This is me standing up for something I want.

Speaking of standing up... I voted for the first time. I'm 100% sure I would have been happy with the results of the election if I didn't. Voting just makes it feel that much better.

The sad part about moving to my house will be not seeing Isabel every day. I've only known her for 7 weeks but I already love her. A lot.

And how can I not...

2 comments:

Valerie Geary said...

A post a real live post! I am very excited that you bought a house! You will love it! (but I'm glad you haven't given up on Portland yet!) Isabel is so cute! I think I'm using to many exclamation points....

JARILYN said...

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!